Options

AC Control

trich11trich11 Member Posts: 108 ✭✭✭
Cranked up the AC yesterday and left the cabin. When I ducked back in an hour or so later the cabin wasn't nearly as cool as it should be. The control was displaying 61 degrees but it was closer to 70. Restarted the unit and got the same result. Pulled out the manual and attempt to calibrate or return to factory default but either didn't do the sequence properly or or had no effect. Has anyone else dealt with this? 2002/342.

Comments

• Options
    WeberWeber Member Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    Are you sure it was displaying 61 as the room temp and not the setting? Was it still running? Cold air blowing out of the vent?
    Sin or Swim - Rinker 312
  • Options
    I put the set point at 60 and then it switches back to display the room temp. It runs until it hits the"electronic" temp however that doesn't match the actual temp. I believe it is off by about 6-8 degrees. It is a Passport II control.
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes calibration could be off. Also depending on where the temperature measurement is it may be cooler than in the cabin. Follow procedure to tune the temperature correct in the cabin then it should work fine.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    We shut the boat up and headed home Sunday expecting rain but of course it didn't. Since we only live 10 minutes away we ran back down at noon to take care of a few things so I cycled the air back on and since I discovered the temp sensor is at the base of the control panel, I ran my finger across it a couple of time and gently pushed on it. Turned the system on and let it run for about 30 minutes. The cabin temp when we got there was 70 degrees so I changed the set point to 60 and waited. 15 minutes in the temp was 65 and 61 after 30 minutes. Apparently the unit decided to fix it's self!!. Cold as a meet locker in there.
  • Options
    gslprogslpro Member Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    I just wrote this up under a different thread, but I had the issue of a dirty filter on the unit freezing up the coils solid, and getting no cold out.  Check the filter next time you are on the boat.  Mine was right on the fins and coils, on the main unit.  Just a little velcro was holding it on.
    Gary and Diane
    290 FV Nauti Bonnie