342 Fiesta Vee Rear Swim Platform Speaker Option

WildboatingWildboating Member Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
After careful consideration on how and where it would be best to place a set of rear speakers on my 342 I decided on this setup.  I admit, this will not be for everyone.  I love music when we are swimming, my wife does not favor being in the water like I do.  The cockpit stereo on our boat is loud enough to cover us in the water however my wife was unable to have much of a conversation with others on board when we were jamming out.  I prefer things to be symmetrical, there is no good way on a 342 to do that.  I considered using tower speakers but then again this would be right in their talking space.  Ultimately I decided to use the Wetsounds Surge speakerbar.  I opted for the powered version with built in amplifier, I can play directly to this unit via Bluetooth or use it as part of my overall audio system connected to the head unit as a 3rd zone.   I am a dealer, if you are interested in this setup contact me via pm for special pricing just for our Rinker friends.   I will update later with a video for those who are interested in the overall audio performance.   For me, this is plenty of highs projecting in the swimming area.  This speaker bar coupled with the onboard sub provides excellent range.
2003 Rinker 342 Fiesta Vee, 350 Mag MPI, Bravo 3 2.20:1 w/ 22p 4 x4 props

Comments

• WildboatingWildboating Member Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
    This is the 10 speaker version, they also make a smaller 6 speaker option.

• JonnyMJonnyM Member Posts: 302 ✭✭✭

Love the reflection of the boat name on the platform. 

What are you running in the cockpit (speakers)? I spy WetSounds XS-650's?.  I have the 808's in the rear cockpit area of my 270 and I love them.  I was thinking about putting them on the back rear swim platform and replacing them with the new Revo 10 full range's. 

"Mosi on Dahn"  2003 Fiesta Vee 270
    Those revo 10's are going to be amazing!!    I have 6 xs-650s and 1 10" sub currently.  I am adding 1 more 10" in the rear cockpit.    All my buddies had room for the 808's so that's what we put in there boats.

• Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks good! I'm sure it sounds awesome!
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not in the stereo world, never seen a bar like that, it's cool
    Boat Name : 

I was also thinking about putting the little wetsounds sound bar in the little storage area behind the front cockpit lounge.  Not sure if it would fit without extreme modification though.  I never measured it (yet).  The 808s make a huge difference, I also have a 10' Wetsounds free air sub.
    @wildboating, how does the sound bar hook into the system?  Do you have the wetsounds zone controller?  How does it hook up to that?
    @JonnyM
    The Surge soundbar comes in two flavors x 2 sizes, powered and unpowered. 10" or 6".   I went with the powered 10".   I have a Fusion UD-750 headunit which has 4 zones.  Zone 1 is setup as my cabin, Zone 2 is the Cockpit, Zone 3 is the Rear Swimplatform and Zone 4 is the output for the Wetsounds A-Link ( this is a transceiver device that allows sending or receiving audio to and from other boats).  The Surge soundbar has built in bluetooth, Aux 1 input (3.5mm jack) and a Audio output jack (passthru) for a subwoofer or another amp via the pigtail connection.  Other than that there are the power cables.

Also, the soundbar is IP67 rated meaning get can be submerged up to 1 meter underwater for 30 minutes without harm.   The speaker is perfect for this exposed area.

Very cool,

I bought a set of A-links too.  I use a SKAA transmitter right now to send the signal from my I-phone to the A-links right now.  I am probably going to get a fusion head unit if I upgrade so I have the zones.

@JonnyM

Are you using the SKAA diz transmitter?  I was planning to buy it plus a charge cable.  Does it work well, equal transmission etc?

edited July 2017

Yes, the range isn't that great at least on my 270.  The cabinet in the cabin where they put the head unit is like signal he11 and that is where I have the A-Link trans/receiver at.  I may run a input wire up to the dash. 

I have the charger but haven't tried it yet.