Pick my boat up from the shop tonight

JonnyMJonnyM Member Posts: 302 ✭✭✭

So my 270 has been leaking slowly but the leak kept getting faster and faster to the point the auto bilge was kicking on every 2 hrs. or so.  It ended up being a tear in my shift cable bellows so I had my mechanic change everything. 

I'm glad it was just that.  I took it to another mechanic earlier (it was leaking a bit at the end of last season) and he changed the infamous shift cable boot clamp and thought it was that but the leak continued.

The nice thing is that the place it got fixed at is in the city and they are going to have it in the water and ready for me tonight so I can make a fun night of brining it back.

I think I may tackle this project myself next time.  Is it super hard to do a bellows job on a bravo III? I heard it was easier that an Alpha drive.

"Mosi on Dahn"  2003 Fiesta Vee 270

Comments

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to hear it was a "simple" fix. My oil line was leaking after I had my drive serviced over the winter, so when my mechanic removed the drive, I had him change both bellows, the shift cable and the gimble bearing. After watching him do it, I wouldn't want to do it myself. @rasbury just did his a few weeks ago. Not sure if he is back up and running or not.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • JonnyMJonnyM Member Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
    I'll be in your pool tonight for awhile.  It all depends on what my crew wants to do.  My fitting on the drive that connects the drive oil reservoir was very corroded too so they changed that.  My boat is at Washington's Landing right now.  Just waiting to get off work grab my crew and UBER down. 
    Sweet. Unfortunately I won't be on the water until Sunday. I have a deck crawl to go to tonight and I have family in town and they are coming to my place for a get together tomorrow. Let's hope the rain holds off for the weekend.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • JonnyMJonnyM Member Posts: 302 ✭✭✭

I'm hoping the rain holds off too! 

A deck crawl, that sounds fun.  I'd be afraid I'd fall off of one of the decks at the end of the night.

• rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @cableguygreg no, just have not had the time....been on vacation this week and just to much life going on. The last couple of minor parts ordered came in this past Monday but I have not been there to deal with it. Getting apart was the bugger, I don't think going back together will be that tough! Famous last words I'm sure...
    JonnyM said:

I'm hoping the rain holds off too! 

A deck crawl, that sounds fun.  I'd be afraid I'd fall off of one of the decks at the end of the night.

Fortunately the last house has a patio and it is across the street from my place.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not changing the water inlet hose- it seems to be fine and I can't imagine getting in there to get that little plastic part out to swap out the hose...does not sound likely as a place to leak.