Options

2002 Fiesta Vee 342

caik01caik01 Member Posts: 39
We are looking at putting a sea doo spark on our swim platform (weighs 405 lbs) but do not know the weight limits of the swim platform. any help?

Comments

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Don't know the weight limits if any but seen it done with Hurley H30 davits. 405 lbs is less than me and my buddy.....we stand out there all the time... ;)
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My suggestion is to first add backing plates to the bolts that hold the platform on. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd look at adding rods from the end of the platform to the transom.  

Of course with all that weight back there you may have trouble getting on plane.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭✭
    The one thing i keep thinking about is good luck getting the boat up on plane. With that much weight that far back you are going to have a tough time moving.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    It is called a "swim" platform, not a sea doo dock.....

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's a fair question as I see lots of boats with jet skis on their platforms, mostly larger boats, but agree with the commentary here that I would not do it. This past winter I re did my support brackets and while our platforms are fine as swim platforms and to have that kind of load walking or sitting on it I would not want to leave the dock with that kind of load back there. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)