Options

266 FV cockpit seating removal

On my 266 FV (1997) I recently replaced the captains char at helm. Is the "L" shaped bench seat removable? I have lightly pulled up on it but don't see any screws or brackets exposing themselves. Water enters via the drains in cup holders directly into the seat and would have to bet the framing is not solid any longer. I can see brown water that drips to the rear above engine compartment after a rain or was down.

I see replacement wood in my future. Already had to rebuild the bench at stern.

Answers

• Options
    Gr8earsGr8ears Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    I have a 88 250 FV.  Two years ago I re-upholstered the seating.  I believe yours is much like mine.  The "L" shaped seating, cushion is one piece and the backrest is four pieces.  They are all secured to the wood base/backrest with large velcro type strips stapled to the wood.
    I had to use the old seat framing as patterns, and completely rebuilt them with new marine plywood.  It took some time, but I did it over the winter while the boat was laid up. 
    The base frame was ok, so I left it alone.  The dry rot was pretty much confined to the backrest framing, and all of the wood supporting the seating pieces.

• Options
    down_timedown_time Member Posts: 1
    I have the same thing going on with my 98 lounge. any tips or pointers to rebuilding the frame.