Options

Electrical panel wont pull out.

2003 342 - trying to pull out electrical panel to see what size of amp the shore power A/c curcuit breaker is.  Pulled out frig to loosen wires but we still can only pull it out a few inches.  Any ideas - do we just pull - there are a ton of wires back there.  Also,  would anyone know of the amps of the curcuit breaker for the shore air?  It keeps tripping - doens't do it on genny power.  

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pull the frig out. The wires are cable tied. Loosen and it will come out. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    joannwintersjoannwinters Member Posts: 26
    Tried that but there seems to be one coming from behind the microwave that wont pull out.  How hard should you pull?
  • Options
    Have you ever replaced any circuit breakers?  I know they are blue seas but the amp size of the 2 pole a/c?  My research says 30 amp.  Just wanted to have it on hand.  Can't figure out why my air shuts its self off - maybe 5% of the time (usually middle of the night and never on Genny power) at first it would turn its self back on or I would switch from shore power to genny and back to shore then it would come back on.  Now if I have to do that both breakers on the dock trip.  And there is no electrician in the midwest who will touch this:(  Guess I just need to buy me a new 37 and be done with it! 
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    The microwave plugs in the back so unplug it
  • Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭✭
    Is the AC tripping a breaker or going off on a fault that you see at the control on the bulkhead?  IF it is tripping a breaker then you need to get an ammeter to see how many amps the compressor is trying to pull. It could be trying to pull too many amps or just have a worn out circuit breaker that trips too easy.  
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    I hope its just the circuit breaker and we replace and it will be fine.  The air conditioner totally will shut its self off and sometimes come back on and sometimes not.  If it doesn't come back on we have to switch from shore power to genny then back (never turning genny on) then it usually comes back on unless it trips both main breakers on the dock.  Crazy to try and explain and it only happens about 5% of the time. 
  • Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭✭
    Kind of sounds like it is tripping on a low water pressure fault. Mine does that occasionally but I get a notice on the digital control panel. If it resets itself it isn't the circuit breaker.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you looked at my thread from this past winter on pulling out the panel on a 342? Have a look at that. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Maybe I should start a new thread but have you checked the voltage at the marina? Most marina's (in my area) use a 208 volt 3phase system. No figure out how far your boat is from the service for voltage drop and you may find that its the marina's electric system that is the problem and not your boat. Best thing to do is put a digital volt meter across the feed of the A/C and see what is going on at start up. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    If it is low water pressure - is there something I should do?  We tried to clean out the seacock strainer but there was not a strainer basket and really nothing to clean.  
  • Options
    harrycallumharrycallum Member Posts: 1
    But only electrician will be able to manage the electrical pannel well.
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Hey @harrycallum welcome.  For an experienced DIY owner, servicing the panel is not too hard, but many owners would benefit from having a pro work on it.  Are you in that business?