Options

Cover for 1992 Rinker Captiva 206?

nglauernglauer Member Posts: 7
I am looking for a cover for my 1992 Captiva 206. This is a project boat (with a cracked block 350 mag, bad interior, and a small soft spot on floor by trim pump) so I don't want to buy a locally made cover that exceeds the current value of the boat. I would also like something that fits better and is heavier than a "walmart" cover. 

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to buy a decent cover that won't break the bank?

I would like to stay under $300.00 if possible.

If everything looks salvageable I will have the interior shop tailor an actual cover to reuse the installed snaps when I redo the seats. I just want to make sure everything else on the boat is solid enough to warrant the investment. So far the soft spot in the engine compartment looks to be the only "rot" aside from some of the wood in the back bench seat. I have since removed most of the interior and am hoping to determine my next step. My plan is to refurbish the complete boat (has a newer OEM Alpha 1) or pull all salvageable parts and sell them.

Per my wife, the boat is dated and isn't her style (we had a 2001 Mariah before). I think with some TLC, and a modernized interior I can shave a lot of years off of the boat. 

Nick

Comments