hill marine

duane.mosleyduane.mosley Member Posts: 317 ✭✭✭
not bashing, but not happy. ordered my 4 blade props 2 weeks ago and Joe said 2 weeks. talked to Joe today, two weeks later, and he has no clue when my props will be done. i asked if i could expect them by end of august and he said he doubted it. I'm glad i woke up this morning and told myself that i was going to change and start being more laid back and not such a butt hole. i did not get nasty with Joe because i would honestly like to put a set of 4 blades on my boat and it turns out he is just the middle man. i canceled my order for the 4 blade props for now. i told Joe that i would call him this winter and order the props, that way if it takes 4 months, it won't hurt my feelings. i will say this, he did offer me a discount on my props if i decide to place the order again. guess i'll have to wait to see if he is true to his word.

sorry @bellvillemxz, won't have an update for you.  either way i will report my findings because i still plan on putting them on the boat.

Comments

• Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was it just your model of blade or all of them??
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prop business must be great right now.
    Boat Name : 

• BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
    not bashing, but not happy. ordered my 4 blade props 2 weeks ago and Joe said 2 weeks. talked to Joe today, two weeks later, and he has no clue when my props will be done. i asked if i could expect them by end of august and he said he doubted it. I'm glad i woke up this morning and told myself that i was going to change and start being more laid back and not such a butt hole. i did not get nasty with Joe because i would honestly like to put a set of 4 blades on my boat and it turns out he is just the middle man. i canceled my order for the 4 blade props for now. i told Joe that i would call him this winter and order the props, that way if it takes 4 months, it won't hurt my feelings. i will say this, he did offer me a discount on my props if i decide to place the order again. guess i'll have to wait to see if he is true to his word.

sorry @bellvillemxz, won't have an update for you.  either way i will report my findings because i still plan on putting them on the boat.

Ah well sounds lie your boat is working pretty good anyway! I will say its not the first time I have read about slow service from them
    2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi
  • duane.mosleyduane.mosley Member Posts: 317 ✭✭✭
    Was it just your model of blade or all of them??
    could have been due to volvo penta F-3 not being a very common prop. he did not say.

Ah well sounds lie your boat is working pretty good anyway! I will say its not the first time I have read about slow service from them
    yes sir! it's going rather well and honestly, it's just me and the admiral most of the time. we might have friends on our boat a couple of times a year. most of our neighbors and close friends have their own boats. i will still purchase the 4 blades because if i can be more efficient and allow the motor to not work as hard, that's what i really wanted.