Options

FV270 dinghy outboard storage

diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
My Mercury 3.3hp 2-stroke fits under the aft cockpit seat like socks on a rooster!! There's even a moulded outboard tray to keep it in place. 

Comments

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,573 mod
    Looks like a nice fit!  Definitely a lot of valuable space to lose though.  I can see other things getting packed in around it making it more of a pain to take out (hopefully not).  I have a 3.3hp Merc as well & it is a great motor!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    It's only under the seat while we are under way... As soon as we reach our destination we put it on the dink. 
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have the dingy package I believe - I have the same as well. I have a pretty nice blow of that is pretty substantial, just no motor. It would take a small electric motor, it has a piece of wood I'm the transom. Have not used it yet. I need a short trolling motor..
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting, I was wondering why those pieces were molded like that under the seat.. I actually just bought a dingy and a 4hp merc 2stroke... going to use it when the water gets cooler.. so this is where you put the motor, where do you store the gas tank ?
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most motors under 5hp the tank is top of motor.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    Most motors under 5hp the tank is top of motor.
    Oh yeah?? that's funny, I haven't actually picked it up yet, that would be sweet! 
  • Options
    TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
    haha   socks on a rooster....im stealing that!        i was wondering why that area was molded like that. in going to look at a dink today   hopefully i can get it   you have one hooked up 270!   I always say the next guy to get my boat will be bored, theres gonna be nothing left to improve, lol
  • Options
    @J3ff - pretty sure the 4hp Merc is the same as mine.... takes a little wiggling to get it in there. 
  • Options
    does it actually get the dingy on plane? I had an 8hp at one point that did just fine, but it was too big and too heavy so I sold it.. 
  • Options
    No, doesn't get it on plane. 
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    See everyone wants to go fast. With a 4hp just be happy your going with the wind. 
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct