Options

EC 250 Outdrive Trim Meter

UtahEdUtahEd Member Posts: 7
The outdrive trim meter on my 2006 EC 250 is acting strange.  On Saturday, it was stuck in the full up position.  On Sunday it hovered around midway between full up and full down, vibrating.  I know the trim itself works, it's just the meter that is goofy.  Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    JPJonesJPJones Member Posts: 12 ✭✭

Ed--I have the same issue on my VP drive. The tilt guage sender is mounted on the starboard side of the  drive housing which puts it slightly underwater--probably much the same on a Bravo drive.  My guess is that water intrusion caused a bad connection in the sender. Next time you have the boat out of the water try adjusting the sender and see if the guage moves.  If you can fix or replace just the sender unit on the drive it would be easier than replacing the sender AND its wiring--which would be one of those jobs where inside access is limited.

I just leave the drives in full down position and check them periodically.  The sender is on my to-do list for another day.  I think a replacement costs about $250.  Good luck!

• Options
    Thanks JP, and mine is also a VP.  Like you, I can live without it for now.  I will definitely follow your advice this fall when I pull her out.

• Options
    mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod

I've attached a page from the Volve shop manual.  The third picture down shows the trim sender unit.  Once out of the water, check the Weatherpack connector as well.

Mark

Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• Options