Options

If you are on this forum and considering a Rinker to buy....DONT!!!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think boatman works for sea ray, they just laid off 250 people..
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Ok, I think Boatman came back on and has said he was a bit harsh.  I guess we shouldn't be too harsh back.  But, I didn't hear SR laid off people....interesting.  Just when Rinker is growing again.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Al said that the large cruiser market is dead
  • Options
    BoatmanBoatman Member Posts: 26
    edited August 2017
    Dream and all;

I did say I was a bit harsh and all forum friends forgive me. I know that a forum is not a place for venting but a place for support. If the forum allowed me to delete, I would. The fact is that I have owned many over the years and while my questions may seem as a newbie, I have not had to deal with the issues in the past that I have encountered with my first Rinker. Granted, we can not speak to the level of care from previous owner but then again....roll the dice. Get it!
    I live on one of the largest waterways in the SE and participate in a large boating community-we just don't work on stuff outside of manufacturer required maintenance -call me lucky as there has not been a need. I know people with 100hrs and 1000hrs and no worries. I will also say that I saw a nice Rinker 360 (I think, looking from afar) on the water yesterday and was an eye catcher. Don't see many in my neck of the woods. No dealers and penetrated by Cruiser yachts, Sea Ray, Four Winns, Malibu, Cobalt, and the list goes on. I do not work for SR or any other manufacturer. I wish i did! i know people in the business with demos!

Long story short, thanks for the support and will try to get my panties out of a wad going forward.

Regards-
    Post edited by Boatman on
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there is anything we could help with we will try. As we are a group of Rinker owner's like you, helping each other. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Yeah, come down to FL and take a ride on a 342 with massive diesels. Then you will love a Rinker LOL
  • Options
    zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Massive diesels lmao 
  • Options
    shawnmjr said:
    Diesels can cause cancer in California so it's a good thing your in Florida
    Must be the Blue Def. LOL
  • Options
    TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
    nothing more frustrating than purchasing something for the sole purpose of fun and it being the opposite. i purchased a poorly maintained boat( not realising this at the time of purchase because i had that itch) and had to put in some work. some repairs made my stomach hurt...a lot!  THIS forum kept my purchase from being a bad one...lots of help from here.  hope boatman gets through the turmoil and ends up with a nice RINKER. I love my 270 and the people who help me keep it running  
  • Options
    rkinrossrkinross Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    My 1982 Rinker is a fantastic, high quality boat that is still running strong.  The fiberglass is thick with no stress cracks and it is a good look boat that gets lots of compliments out on the water.