Options

ALARM STILL GOING OFF

I have a 2004 34' Rinker. My cap came off my gear lube  reservoir  and my alarm went off, I refilled the reservoir but the alarm is still going off. Any suggestion  

Comments

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did the float inside the reservoir get displaced. If so that will set-off an alarm. It rides up and down a SS spindle. Have you checked the reservoir again since you filled it? Sometimes there is air in the system that gets "burped" out when the drive runs and will lower the fluid level again and cause another alarm.
  • Options
    stever3232stever3232 Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
    I will check the float tomorrow, that sounds like that's what it could be the fluid is still at full. THANKS
  • Options
    jhofmannjhofmann Member Posts: 430 ✭✭✭
    I have had the float get stuck on the bottem of the reservoir where the sludge builds up over time. I was able to drain the reservoir with a turkey baster, clean the sludge with clean cloths using a small screwdriver and refill. You might try using a small hook to lift the sensor up from the bottem to see if the alarm goes off, just be carefull there is a small clip holding the sensor float on the shaft, and if it comes off, you will need to replace the whole reservoir.
  • Options
    WildboatingWildboating Member Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
    The alarm on my boat seems to need to be engine cycled. I start the engine, shut off 2 times and it seems to clear the stored code.  But if the float is stuck down in sludge you will need to address that first. 
    2003 Rinker 342 Fiesta Vee, 350 Mag MPI, Bravo 3 2.20:1 w/ 22p 4 x4 props