Options

Windshield Wiper blade on a 270

laureniac1laureniac1 Member Posts: 253 ✭✭✭
So I have never used my windshield wiper ever on my 270. It's just in the way when I put the mooring cover on or wash boat. If I unscrew it will I have a direct hole on the bow? Anyone ever removed one? Can't just remove arm because it has rivots

Comments

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    If you pull straight up on it when you have it positioned like you do in the first pic it will come off, then you will just have the wiper motor splined shaft sticking up. I guess that's better than having the hole. You can find a plug for the hole and seal it in if you don't like the shaft showing.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Ya you don't want to take the hole thing out, that a great place for a water leak. while your there tighten up that nut that holds it on. if you pull the wiper.  It's right above your shower. There is an access plate in your shower you can see, water can run under your head liner if the nut is not tight. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Thanks aero3113- just pull up? Sounds simple enough I think I have gently pulled before but I'll give it a shot 
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    remove plastic cover first then there is a allen set screw to loosen.
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't remember if there's a set screw, I just remember lifting the wiper up then pulling it off. If it hasn't been off for a long time you might want to spray it with some penetrating oil.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your set screw was loose. Mine was too and I never saw the screw until the cap fell off. 
  • Options
    Thanks so much I'll try it Saturday