Options

Raft off 2017!

JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
I'm getting pumped for this weekend! It's the annual raft off on lake st clair,  and it's gonna be 80s and dry  B)

I think we set the world record a couple years ago for biggest continuous line of boats, I'll bet it's almost 5000 boats at the peak. Imagine 2 rows of boats over a mile long tied up all day.

2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3

Comments

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow that dark haired beauty on the right in the first pic.... she's amazing.
  • Options
    WildboatingWildboating Member Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
    She has a evil eye though... :#:#:#:#
    2003 Rinker 342 Fiesta Vee, 350 Mag MPI, Bravo 3 2.20:1 w/ 22p 4 x4 props

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to set a world record with, did you see how many boat were tied up together.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭
    What's a good time to arrive Joe? 11am-noon?

mattie
    246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    CaptianDanCaptianDan Member Posts: 94 ✭✭
    WOW. How quickly can I ship my 342 over, stock the fridges and fill it with some of those beauties? :-)

"Pipe Dream"
    2002 Rinker 342 Fiesta Vee
    2 x 350 MAG MPI Horizon Petrol

• Options
    mattie said:x
    What's a good time to arrive Joe? 11am-noon?

mattie
    That'd be kinda late from what I've been hearing this year. I'll be leaving my dock in Harrison twp at 9am to meet up with some friends and tie up together. If you show up then you'll get in, but you'll be walking a distance to get to the party spots. 
  • Options
    WOW. How quickly can I ship my 342 over, stock the fridges and fill it with some of those beauties? :-)
    If you left now you could make it! For 2018...... :D
  • Options
    CaptianDanCaptianDan Member Posts: 94 ✭✭
    It looks like it's worth it Joe! :-)

"Pipe Dream"
    2002 Rinker 342 Fiesta Vee
    2 x 350 MAG MPI Horizon Petrol

• Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Ill be out there. Pumped
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    It looks like it's worth it Joe! :-)
    Yeah its a really good time, as long as everyone is relatively smart. Leaving with the crowd is not my cup of tea though, as its a narrow opening for a TON of boats to get through at the same time. Most people idle through, but some are impatient and get on plane. Makes for a stressful entrance and exit. We stay until the mad rush is done, and gives us time to sober up too. :)

The long yellow line is the raft line, and the arrow is where you have to get in & out of the bay.

• Options
    Joe, I wonder how many drunks tear up props leaving there each year.  That is a pretty narrow passing!

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Got any more pictures of the attractions and wildlife??? 
  • Options
    What year would you prefer @J3ff  ??     https://jobbiecrew.com/raft-off-pictures/#.WYyBda3MyMA

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Joe, I wonder how many drunks tear up props leaving there each year.  That is a pretty narrow passing!

Its a pretty forgiving bottom, being sand/mucky, but it is shallow as well. This year its about 3-4' in that narrow section, so you gotta be on level plane or at idle. People that dont know the area really stir up the bottom and you can see their brown trail for a long while. I've dragged a couple times with a FULL boat and not enough people forward.

There's not too many pristine skegs here in Lake St Clair, all have been sandblasted more than once. LOL
  • Options
    Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    whats the vomit to water ratio?
  • Options
    Not bad, surprisingly. There is a small, natural current in the area so stuff doesnt just sit still. Usually the worst is food/garbage that people drop in the water and floats around.
  • Options
    Probley better not drink the yellow water.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have a couple of spots down here that are like that most weekends although not that many boats.....any of the inlets on the inter costal side have sand bars that boats pull up to- I know disappearing island which is around Daytona gets pretty crazy- memorial day and labor day I'm sure there is easily 1000 boats there....half of them are the po po though which is a good thing...
  • Options
    Yeah most weekends there is a raft line of probably 500 ish boats,  and another couple hundred in the area. This is the biggest day of the summer though, so all the inlanders come too. 
  • Options
    zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Oh to be young again lol
    i have my babies b day party and wouldn't miss it in the world but I did enjoy going to the big moot for raft.
    little moot is just nasty
  • Options
    I disagree, what's the difference? Little moot is the same water depth as it was back in the day at big moot, and the bottom is better. There's a current both spots,  only difference is boat traffic in a small area. 
  • Options
    It's just the traffic and fitting same amount of boats into a smaller bay
    i don't know but every time I go there water is little polluted.
  • Options
    polluted water or people?
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    I just paged back up to look at the pictures Joe submitted, of the 6 girls. I cannot find anything wrong with them. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should not be looking at the pictures of those girls just before bedtime - oh well, another sleepless night!
  • Options
    It was a very successful raft off 2017. Good weather, no drama, and lots of fun. Pics and vids to follow, but here's a preview. 

• Options
    For sure lots of $

• Options
    Look at the size of that yellow go fast in the bottom right corner! And there were 4 BIG guys stuck in the weeds from the storms the night before. You can see them on the right corner too. Took all weekend and 6+ tow boats to get them out.