Options

Access to Midship Hull - Rinker 350 360 - Boat Smells like Cheese

dspandspan Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
Long story short, my Marina is completely and totally incompetant.  Kazmiera Marina in Haverhill, MA... worst... marina... ever...  morons and the owner is a slimy weasel.  They "forgot" to winterize my AC raw water pump, it froze, exploded.  They launched the boat with the AC midship seacock open, water flooded in through the exploded pump  The midship bilge kept up for a while and then clogged up and died.  Water kept coming in and reached a high enough level to flow into the engine bilge where that pump basically kept the boat from sinking.

In the rear cabin L-shape couch aread there was 3-4" of water above the lower floor.  I would guess a foot deep from the bottom of the mid bilge.   I pumped it out and had the mid bilge dry within 24 hours.  The problem now is that there is definately water in the hull.  Under the front bed there are two removable heavy plastic hatches, the front most has the AC unit. The hatch behind it has that big removable plastic tub.  Under that tub there was a couple of inches of water in the very bottom, even though the mid bilge was bone dry, even days later.  Obvious Rinker did not put the correct drain holes between front/mid/rear compartments or they are tiny and clogged.  Just looking at the physics and the water level I am sure there is water under the hardwood floor, there mist have been a good 6-8" under there the length of the boat.

How the heck to I get access under there?  I would appreciate any advice or ideas.  A week after this happened, my boat  smelled like dog poop for about 2 weeks and now it smells like Feta cheese.  The smell is mild and strangely enough it is stronger at the helm/topside  or outside the boat than inside the cabin.  In fact there is almost no smell in the cabin.  My passengers think it is strongest at the chaisse seat topside.  It is not the head or waste tanks as I have cleaned them out and also have a huge big orange on my vent and I am very familiar with boat wastewater smells.  Been boating on a Rinker 260 and now a 350 for a decade.  I know every inch of this boat, every wire... but this in the first time I am dealing with trying to get under the cabin floor.

Thank is advance, creative ideas welcome!

Comments

• Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my 05 342 the mid bilge goes right up under the floor l, use a flash light and my phone on video to get a good image. This doesn't help  with water under the forward berth, my be some whep holes that are clogged.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    Long story, I am going after the marina, but in the meantime I am hoping some Rinker owner somewhere had the need to remove the cabin floor or at least get under it at some point.  Photos, tips, tricks... any help at all would be appreciated.  Thanks guys.
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The pump is always accessible by lifting a panel somewhere in your aft berth. There is never a pump located where you would have to physically remove florring
  • Options
    You could pour bilge cleaner in the front bilge. It should drain back to the mid area bilge pump. Where is your AC unit?
  • Options
    The pump is very accessible, that is not the issue.  The 15' of v-hull in front of  the mid-bilge is not.  Someone here must have had to get under there at some point, there are wiring harnesses and plumbing and things under there, plus I would think people would want to inspect the entire inside hull when buying a used one.

AC Unit is at the front of the boat right under/behind the anchor locker, it is isolated, 3-4 ft higher than the v hull and doesn't really connect since it is in part of the V that rises for the bow.
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you cant access it, get a pump sprayer with a long wand and fill it with a cleaner of your choice. You should be able to spray all around in there with one.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    I know I do not have any wires or plumbing in any bilges on my boat. They are all on the sides. The only way to access that portion of the bilge is to tear out major wood and fiberglass. There should be no reason to mess with that structure
  • Options
    ShelbyShelby Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    On the main page of forum there is a category for "Rinker Support Q&A".  It may be a better choice for your question.
    2005 320  Twin 350 Mags MPI  Bravo III  Lake Cumberland, KY.
  • Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    I have routed/fished wires for my thruster in the a.c. and larger hatches under the vberth of my 360. The only access I had was the furthest aft larger hatch. I squeezed myself into the hatch and was able to get a hand/arm over the starboard side and able to reach the wire. There was a gap that i believe goes all the way down to the bilge area under your forward hatches. Perhaps you can get a hose over that edge to pump it out. There has got to be weep holes that are clogged. I know mine has weepers as I have had water come through the rode locker and drain back. Only other option I see is cutting access through the floor of the hatch in the vberth. 

In my galley floor bilge area there is a drain hole just under the a.c. pump area which is where forward water drains from. Is that clogged?  Perhaps your config is different on the 350.