Options

CAN-AM Poker Run

Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thought you guys might enjoy the view from my window today. A lot of speed, noise and $$$$$$. Some group shots and shots of the lake of Ozarks Top Gun from a couple of years back My Way a 224 MPH winner of the shoot-out. The truck filling My Way (of course jet fuel) also pulls it on its trailer. It is a monster - the picture from above doesn't do it justice. Boat, trailer and truck are all color matched and full of SS parts. The Fire Department is always nervous with this rafting and docking because of the narrow inlet to the harbour and of course I would get BBQ'd pretty fast if My Way went-up LOL.

Comments

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a view, I hope you were able to walk down and get to see some them up close. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    edited August 2017

@shawnmjr we live in Brockville just south of the capitol of Canada, Ottawa, on the St. Lawrence river. Our condo, from which the shots I post are usually taken, is the 9nth floor penthouse that faces south-east looking down the St. Lawrence River to the east and across to the USA to the south. Each floor of the building is split into four and therefore has 4 condos per floor. Our condo is 1870 sq.ft. and spans the arrows on picture one, so we have a great view for many miles (about 20) down the St. Lawrence. The second picture is a view south across the St. Lawrence to Morristown N.Y. The third picture is of the finger docks that our condo owns. The first picture showing the boats along the boardwalk is no longer correct as we have had finger docks since we moved in eight years ago. The third picture is of those  finger docks. My dock is the one with the sail boat in it as we are presently Rinkerless :-(

@randy56. I know some of the guys personally. Bill Tomlinson who owns MY Way (his wife owns Her Way LOL) and I used to have waterfront houses about a mile apart on the Rideau River outside of Ottawa (Manotick to be specific) and would often race each other early Saturday mornings before the river woke-up. Bill's trucking company (Tomlinson Trucking) got huge and he now races in another class. LOL

• Options
    http://brockvilletourism.com/ looks nice but to far north for me.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    edited August 2017
    @randy56, too far north for me too! We leave Sunday for a month in Aruba, then it's a couple of weeks in Phoenix, a couple of weeks in Reno, a couple of weeks in Providenciales then after Christmas three months in Grand Turk, two weeks in Cozumel and a week in Jamaica. Not bragging just saying no "great white north" for me, I no longer like the winter! :-)
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very very nice good for you. 
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    @shawnmjr - beautiful that would  burn the water!
  • Options
    When I sell my Rinker I'm going to one of these.
    Image result for inner tube float pictures
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Nice pics! We took boat up, and spent 3 days at a friends on Howe island, and went out and watched from the boat. Great show, but weather wasn't as good as last year.Some big waves out there on trip up and back. Great time though! Hope you are doing well Michael!
    2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi
  • Options
    @BMXZ....Howe Island is great. Chemo seems to be working (fingers crossed) thanks for asking. Super glad to hear that your trip went well. Any pictures to post? I'm living the cruising life through you guys now! LOL
  • Options
    @randy56. I remember those tubes. Waaaay back before most of you guys were born .....you could tell when a buddy went "tubing" as he had rips all around from the frickin valve stem. That was hard core tubing - no smooth surfaces, knee pads, hold straps and back rests for us. It was a flip, slap the water, a couple of high speed rolls across the surface an enema and that red rip across your back from the valve stem. Those were the days of real men....not really!
  • Options
    BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
    Michael T said:
    @BMXZ....Howe Island is great. Chemo seems to be working (fingers crossed) thanks for asking. Super glad to hear that your trip went well. Any pictures to post? I'm living the cruising life through you guys now! LOL

Glad to hear things are good! Nah didn't take any pics this year.....
    2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi