Options

Broken edging

Model 330. Does anyone else have broken edging? It is below the table.

Comments

• Options
    ghoving3ghoving3 Member Posts: 23
    Are replacement available 
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would contact these guys. You likely can send them to boatoutfitters and they can re make them custom. I've bought custom pieces from them cut to size and they do a good job at a good price:

https://www.boatoutfitters.com/material/plastic-sheet/king-starboard 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Thank you I'll contact them
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,461 admin
    To me it looks like a nice clean break. I would go with the super glue fix and see if it works. Nothing to lose and everything to gain...........Just say'n
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,838 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would drill one or two pilot holes in each and use screws to secure. Set the screws just below the surface and fill the heads and the seam of the crack with white silicone.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    The molding is a half inch thick and it reminds me of d e l r o n. There's no way that I'm able to even bend it back into position. I contacted Rinker direct and there's nothing that they can do to help. I also checked with boat fitters and they are unable to help as well. They could provide the material but the bending is up to me. So I guess I have to keep looking
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Careful application of  heat gun?
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,838 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the heat Gun doesn't work, I'm sure you can find something at Home Depot that you can make work.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,573 mod
    Tough one.  I doubt you'll ever successfully bend that stuff.  

The problem is the curved shape of the shelf.  Only thing I can suggest is to get rid of the curve.  Trim the end of each shelf into a straight line.  Use Starboard to make a short section of new edging with a miter joint where it meets the original edging.  Attach with screws hidden by caulk. 
  • Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭✭
    I think you could bend it.  If you are going to end up replacing it any way what is the harm?  I would sink a couple of larger short screws into the shelf just behind the edging and use those so that a clamp could grip to them.  Then heat gun and tighten a wood clamp until it fits the shape.  Let it cool and see how much gap you have.  I would then drill a long pilot hole for a screw through the thickest part.  Think as if you were joining two parts of a stair railing.  Use the screw to pull it together and epoxy.  Then maybe run two screws through the molding into the shelf. Fill the holes, sand and paint.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!