Options

Trip so far

StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
Well we're weathered in at Presque Isle after breaking down near Alpena and having to be towed there. But once the weather calms down we'll be back at it. 

Some more details at http://tigstoynorthchannel.blogspot.com

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What broke now????
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Blog says a pulley went and he lost power steering. Glad you were able to get a new pulley and will be back in action, stodge!
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice blog posts. Easy to follow.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    I think I'm going to rename this to the "Change of Plans trip".  Muldrum Bay has no fuel due to New fuel tanks being installed. So our next stop is Gore Bay. Weather today should be good.  Looking forward to a nice ride.

Mackinac Island has been nice but cold. Wasn't expecting 50s in August.  We are prepared for the cold, just a little disappointed.

I haven't found good Wi-Fi.  So the pictures will have to wait till we get home.

Delays aside it's been a good trip!

• Options
    Blog says a pulley went and he lost power steering. Glad you were able to get a new pulley and will be back in action, stodge!
    The idler pulley is a plastic wheel on a bearing. The bearing seized causing the pulley to shred.  The remains look like a flat plastic donut.  Cheap enough part but it cost us a day's delay. Needless to say I replaced the pulley on both engines.

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plan's can change, sound's all good. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dam idler pulley 30 bucks, getting to think they need to be changed every time we change the impeller. A boat trip is always subject to change. But always a blast.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct