Options

342 with Bravo 3s in water storage throughout the winter

RansnanRansnan Member Posts: 81 ✭✭
We would like to use our boat as a hotel throughout the winter, as I have to work one day a month at our Yacht  Club,  I know I still need to winterize, ice eaters, Etc does anyone else do this?

Comments

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    How are you planning to heat it?  Can't use the boat's HVAC when it is winterized.
  • Options
    Probably A ceramic heater in the cabin, most worried about the outdrives
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I had a houseboat we would use an electric heater inside, one with thermostat. It would be warm in there in 45 min. after arriving to the boat.  Every month I would spend one weekend through out the winter. We did have to haul water for cleaning up. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    pault1216pault1216 Member Posts: 206 ✭✭✭
    I removed the water intake to the engine mounted pump and added a valve. I turned the valve 'on' after connecting it to a shopvac on the exhaust side. I blew all the water out until I got bubbles from the drive creating an airlock and shut the valve. Be sure the valve part is tied off above the waterline. Option B is an engine compartment heated and de-icer mounted in the slip. I used a 750w/1500w electric heater for the cabin that kept it toasty (FV270). Good luck!  -Paul
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would love to do the same sometime, too worried about ice forming all around the boat and crushing it..
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    @rasnan, first, winterization topic already? Still on my boat vacation!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Dream, we are not last minute people, lol, we even already purchased things for the rendezvous next year,  question is more that can you winterize out drives, ? Or best not to, we'll still have it pulled next spring for maintenance
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I had my boat in Solomon's I should have left her in the water. The water never froze and I would have been fine. Also many other boats were in The water all winter
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what about bubblers? Just to be safe....