Options

My 226 BR has a water problem.

When it rains the water runs off the cover to the swim platform and proceeds to flow into the walkway and soak the carpet and just makes a mess. I don't want to take the carpet out everytime or fold it over because of creasing. It seems to me that the swim platform slopes towards the boat instead of away. Any suggestions on solving this wet problem.

Comments

• Options
    mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod

Is it in the water or on a trailer?  I have this exact same issue.  I can mitigate the issue when it's on a trailer but when it's on the water, it's a bit more difficult.  I roll the rear carpet forward without creasing it and throw a towel in the opeing to act as a dam.

Mark

Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• Options
    bat32bat32 Member Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    I have to unsnap the last section of carpet and move it forward every time I leave the boat. It deffinitely gets the most abuse.

• Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    On the other hand......

1st thing I did when we bought our 8y/o 270 was remove the carpets and snaps. Age had nearly killed them and our heat/humidity/endless rain meant it'd just be an on-going hassle. Wet squishy carpet stankiness is the worst and takes forever to dry down here. Not to mention stains, beach sand, dog hair, spilled rum AND it'd weigh hundreds of pounds if it was drenched in a downpour.

Our deck has a nice cool, clean non-skid that I much prefer in the summer. Just sayin', keep it simple.

Our loyal deck guardian/dust mop ready to clean up any cookies dropped on the non-skid or mats....
    Post edited by TikiHut2 on
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    JudgeJudge Member Posts: 8
    Well a friend of mine said drill a hole and put in an elbow with a length of hose so it would drain into the bilge and then pump it out. Also cut the carpet back about 3 inches and put some weatherstrip just in front of the carpet. But Tikihuthut2 I do like your solution,(do U rent out your guardian/dust mop?) Mark it is on a lift all summer when this happens and when it is on the trailer also. Thanks for all your suggestions greatly appreciated. Wayne