Lynn McCarthy

I would like to convert my 2006 Rinker 360 Express into a hardtop how do I go about this, does Rinker offer a replacement for the hardtop that I could buy. Since my boat only has 130 hours on the engines I really do not want to trade it in for a hardtop model. Any suggestions?

Answers

• rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    That's going to be am expensive conversion - I'm sure something soon those lines have been done!
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would call Rinker to see if they have a top available. 

Alswagg on here would be worth asking too.  

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sure it can be done, but the price might make it prohibitive. If you do get it done, take pictures before and after and post them for all of us to see.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would definitely call Rinker. As a first step, open up the access plates that are in either side of your arch, I think you have those, if you do look in. Is there a heavy metal plate with holes in it fiber glassed into the bottom of arch area? Maybe take a picture of it with your cell phone and post it here. If there is a plate in that area - I'm hoping that they build it into all hulls "just in case" and not individually - then the conversion should not be that hard. Of course, Rinker can probably tell you in 2 minutes if the mount you have now will accept the hard top. If the attachment plate had not been factory installed you may face a more difficult task.