Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

fresh water problems

2003 FV342 used  new to me
water pump cycles every 5 minutes could it be a very slow leak or a problem with the pump
anti freeze was left in scince last spring [never flushed] now the ice maker doesnt have any water flow so doesnt make ice cubes
any suggestions  cant find any leaks any where ice maker is cold and the water bail is not stuck

Comments

• chamberbchamberb Saint Albans, VTPosts: 265Member ✭✭✭
    You have good water pressure at all other sinks etc?
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Posts: 6,938Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to loosen the water line at icemaker water valve and bleed the air out
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Holland, MichiganPosts: 4,359Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defrost the ice maker too. The water line will freeze up from the feed water not flowing. 

If the pump is running that often, not a small leak.  Check the hot water tank valves. Esp the drain and pressure relief valves. 

Is the mid-berth or aft bilge pump cycling too?

2003 342FV "Black Diamond", 350 MAG MPI, 20P 4x4 Props, PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • mrjdasrmrjdasr Posts: 12Member
    solved the water leak, bad gasket in water pump letting pressure bleed off back to supply
    ice maker will become a bagged ice keeper
  • raybo3raybo3 Revere MAPosts: 3,806Moderator mod
    @mrjdasr why wouldn't you fix your ice maker? If the valve is not working its about $40 for a new one and 20 min to install it. I love my ice maker and use it all the time........... Just say'n. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org
  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Bay Village & Marblehead, OH.Posts: 1,889Member ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with Raybo, fix it if it's just the valve. 
    Wine-N-Down -- 2006 342 Express Cruiser