Great time with forum buddies

LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
I had a chance to spend a couple days with the crew of @Dream_Inn last week, and man did we have a great time!  

It was the first time I've met somebody from the forum, and I'll admit I didn't quite know what to expect.  The Admiral and I met up with them at Still Pond on Day 3 of our ten-day cruise.  As soon as we rounded the point, I saw the unmistakable silhouette of three big beautiful Rinker hardtops anchored way in the back, and I heard Dream Inn hail me on the VHF.  Let me tell you, it was a welcome sight after a rough trip up the Bay!  

From the minute we got there, everyone made us feel like family.  We spent Sunday night anchored there, where we swam, feasted, partied and took dinghy rides to explore the cove.  We had such a great time that we tagged along with them for a bonus day at Bohemia Bay Yacht Haven, all the way up at the northern end of the Bay.  We even had an impromptu dance party on Dream Inn for the captain's birthday.  

The cruise up to Bohemia was really cool.  When we got underway, I told the others that I'd fall in behind them, and they hit the throttles.  Three Rinkers blasting past me at 30 knots ... I wish I had thought to roll video!  

I am really grateful to them for letting us share part of their vacation.  

Comments

• raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Sounds like a great time................. Some day... Some day........
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • WildboatingWildboating Member Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a great time!   Boats all look great together!
    2003 Rinker 342 Fiesta Vee, 350 Mag MPI, Bravo 3 2.20:1 w/ 22p 4 x4 props

• trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    i see @ least a dozen nice rinker cruisers @ our marina POK table rock lake ... never see them out ... have never met any here on the forum ... theres a 270 i see out ..i always wave with know response ... lots of rinker speed boats always waving and smiling ..... o well .... my .02 cents.

great pics...great story...
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod

Great picture and post @LaRea!  We all sure did have a wonderful time! The rest of the crew couldn't stop talking yesterday about the fun we had with you guys!  It sounded like they'll be contacting you guys for our "raft-ups" we have in the wintertime as well :) .  You may have to help DJ next year's Rinkervous!  It was also mentioned how well Diane will fit right in with the Rinkervous crowd!  She had trays of food out within minutes of the first hello!

I may need you to send some pictures of the raft-up.  I don't have any on my phone, but not sure if the 'admiral' or first-mates took any either.  Too busy having a great time!

here is a not-so-great picture from my phone.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet pictures! That first one needs to go on the thread where Rinker is looking for pictures...that there my friends is what it is all about!
  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like you guys had a great time. Great shots! The best way to run is with other boats, so much more fun than running alone. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod
    You both are so right!  @LaRea , you need to put that picture in for Rinker to use!  Liberty, it is so awesome to cruise with other boats!  & I've been so fortunate to cruise with many other Rinkers!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always have trouble finding other boats that want to run 30+ mph, but not in that crowd.  My buddy's Carver 36 has a huge cabin and a nice flybridge, but she cruises at a stately 18 mph on a good day.  I can't hang with that.  I always tell him I'll meet him there!
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LaRea, how true and when they do catch up with me I had to listen to complaints about gas mileage. I had a couple of friends with similar sized Sea Rays (to my EC 360) that had shafts. They ran about 15% more fuel. I would have the blender going and when they finally pulled-in hand them a margarita!