Options

Survey results

jreaujreau Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
I have a 1994 Fiesta Vee 265 and the wife and I were considering two options: 1. upgrading to a newer boat or 2. putting money into our current one such as seat rework and flooring in the cabin. So I decided to have a survey done to see what condition our current boat was in. Well, we had a very reputable surveyor from the area come out and he was totally amazed. He said he's been doing this for twenty some years and has never seen a boat "as dry as this one". He found no bad spots and said if we get rid of it we'd be fools. I take a lot of pride in keeping my boat in top shape but I had no control of what was possibly going on inside of the structure so I was very pleased to hear this and yes we are going to keep it. I started asking him about other boats and he said he sees a lot of Sea Rays with deck issues and he used to have a Sea Ray Dealership. He really likes the Rinker Brand. He said it is a well constructed boat and the workmanship is constantly improving. Just thought I'd pass on my good news so you can too take pride in owning a Rinker.

Comments

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jreau. I have heard the same thing from a top surveyor in my area concerning Rinkers. "Overbuilt" was the word he used. When I had our EC 360 surveyed for sale this same surveyor said he had surveyed about 300 Rinkers and until the price of a similar hull DOUBLED there was no contest. He said if you watch the screw holes and water entry points (which you should do with any boat) a Rinker hull will last "forever". The survey he did on our Rinker was the most extensive I have ever seen done. He used levels, moisture meters, read the vessel view log talked with the servicing mechanic (same guy for everything) and read my service logs. I think he even had a transducer. I was very pleased to receive an e.mail from him afterwards that it was the best Rinker he had ever been on and was in his opinion better than factory new. For the guys on this forum - we look after our Rinkers - so this was great news for me....and the next owner!
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't beat Rinkers when it comes to value for the $. If you're boat is in great shape, then yeah, I'd keep it. You'll never get what it's truly worth if you sell it due to the age, and then you never know what you're going to get.  The only reason for you to sell is if you want to go to a bigger boat (+30 ft) ... not a newer boat.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    Sell it and buy my 360 :-)
    I have always heard the same thing. Their hulls are better than most. Now mercruiser on the other hand has made some less than stellar decisions for us saltwater boaters.