Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Raymarine Radar Not Responding

brandonmayberrybrandonmayberry Southern IllinoisPosts: 178Member ✭✭
I have a raymarine radar with rl70c display on my 2002 FV 342. It used to work fine, then began to be finicky and would at times say not responding. Now it only works with the engines turned off. As soon as i fire the Port engine it makes the radar screen say "Scanner not Responding". Starboard engine has no affect. Even when running at higher RPMS putting out a decent alternator charge it still says not responding. Im not sure where to start. I plan to being by checking all connections but hoped someone would maybe have a hidden trick up their sleeve to fix it.

Thanks!

Comments

• Handymans342Handymans342 Cape Coral, FLPosts: 6,835Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    When Mine says that, I have to turn the power off and back on so I installed a switch just for the radar power.
  • brandonmayberrybrandonmayberry Southern IllinoisPosts: 178Member ✭✭
    When Mine says that, I have to turn the power off and back on so I installed a switch just for the radar power.
    Thats what i had been finding to be the common answer. I have my Acc. switch by the ignition there that is empty. I may use that.
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Cape Coral, FLPosts: 6,835Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have other things that come on with the engine ignition switch. So I fire up both motors first, then all the electronic stuff. 
  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Bay Village & Marblehead, OH.Posts: 1,828Member ✭✭✭✭
    Have not had this but I always fire the engines, then flip on the ACC switch that powers the Raymarine C70 radar, then power the unit. 
    Wine-N-Down -- 2006 342 Express Cruiser

• brandonmayberrybrandonmayberry Southern IllinoisPosts: 178Member ✭✭
    i used to fire engines and then radar but it stopped responding. I only figured it out by playing around while anchored. Currently i do not have an ACC switch or anything else to power the radar or scanner as its all controlled from the button on the RL70C