Options

trim sensors

rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
Putting my drive back together and re installed my trim sensors....they were indented where they were installed before and I did not move the little rotating things on the sensor them selves. So, I did look in the manual and see the marks to align the sensors with and moved the port one slightly to align- the starboard one I'm not seeing a mark on the male side of the sensor. Since nothing moved, I thought at the least they would be close and I would dial them both in as the manual states. So, when I put them on the gauge at the dash is full up, drive is down. So, I pulled off the port side and rotated in 180 to see if it changed it and nothing. Now that I think about it, that side is the limit side of it and probably should have done that to the starboard side but - if nothing "changed" should it not have show down as I had left it when I took everything apart? What am I missing??

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Duh....didn't think about that! Thanks for the common sense answer @Alswagg . I hope a moderator can pull these random couple of threads onto the bellows thread...so I will play around with that....the gauge would have been full down when I took it apart- gauge is pegged full up- not a worry?

Answers

• Options
    will give it a try-only thing I don't understand from what you are saying, is they pretty much went on where they came off- I understand the pivot pins moved but since everything pretty much lined up going back on, I don't understand why the gauge is pinned full up- I will play around with it this evening, I plan on dunking the boat tomorrow am just to see if I fixed the leak or not- no time for boating however as I have to get things cleaned up for a surprise party on the 15th for my admiral. I should be able to just back it up at the ramp and know where I'm at. Will post the results!