Options

More 280 questions.

I want to fit a shore power (240vac) socket outlet in the engine bay and therefore I'll need to run a cable from the shore power distribution panel (alongside the the galley) to the engine bay. Before I start pulling panels apart, has anyone already done this and therefore knows the easiest route to use?

Also, can anyone tell me if Rule bilge pumps are the "standard" fit on a 2008 280? Ours has them and the one in the engine bilge does not look best suited to operating in that location.

Thanks in anticipation! Nick.

Comments

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you are looking to put a power outlet in the engine room? Do you have a genny? If not, use the wires that are there for the genny, which will be tucked away in the wiring harness at the bulkhead between the engine room and the aft cabin. Remove the wires from the genny location on the power panel and wire it to the accessory breaker. Then you don't have to pull anything apart.

The rule pump is the standard 1100 GPH round pump.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    NickWightNickWight Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    Once again I'm very grateful to you Greg for that really useful information about the existing generator cabling. That's going to save a lot of time and trouble!

Regards, Nick.
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rule pumps are standard on Rinkers, stick with that brand if you can, very good pumps.
    Boat Name :