Options

New Tops

trich11trich11 Member Posts: 108 ✭✭✭
We have fought with a top a local guy made for two years and the "custom" top that was with our 342 when we bought it. I purchased a top from Ameritex who makes the tops for Rinker. We are putting the bimini up tonight and I have contacted a local, highly recommended canvas guy to come down and install the snaps. With somewhere between 40-50 snaps, I want someone with experience to put them in so it is tight in the summer but still usable when it is cool. Can't wait to end this battle and not need an umbrella in the cockpit when it rains!!! (Kind of funny that when you type in Rinker the auto correct tags it as a misspelled word)

Comments

• Options
    DZDZ Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    Who's the highly recommended local canvas guy?
  • Options
    Albert's Cover This. I have seen some of their work and it's very good.
  • Options
    We put on the Bimini's last night and connected a couple of the side curtains. Could not be happier with what we now have. The top is tight, fits great and looks great. Big shout out to Ameritex for both quality and pricing. On the old site I saw prices that other 342 owners paid for tops and enclosures and for $3200 complete I am very satisfied.
  • Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great report. Nothing beats a reliable custom canvas guy to add the icing on your bimini cake. Tony walker has one of the nicest canvas sets I've seen on their 342, SaltShaker. 

Tired of the heat/sun and rain over my dash while I'm at the helm of our 270 I had our canvas shop add a 3' forward extension that zips into the stock main Ameritex bimini and adds a single bow. Best money I've spent.

Have a great season. Mike 

2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    PartsManPartsMan Member Posts: 246 ✭✭✭

Tiki - did you replace your steering wheel? If so were did you get it?

• Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM, No it's stock as far as I know. Ours is an '05 vs yours being an '04 if I recall, which may explain the difference.

2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    PartsManPartsMan Member Posts: 246 ✭✭✭
    thanks - sun damaged mine a little. It's that OCD thing again.