Options

Water Pump issue.

Last time out on the boat I noticed that my water was not running on my 2009 280EC. I turned on the galley pump and nothing. The pump would not run. Later I noticed that the circuit breaker for the water pump under the helm had tripped. I reset the circuit breaker (with the galley pump switch turned on) and the pump ran for about 3 to 5 seconds (not sounding normal) and the circuit breaker tripped again.  After that 3 to 5 seconds of the pump running the water could run for about 20 seconds before stopping. I repeated the procedure a couple of times with the same results. I am guessing that my water pump is shot but I'm looking for suggestions that might prove otherwise.

Comments

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your filter could be clogged, it's right on the pump. Take it off and clean it if it's dirty. 
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did it freeze up in the winter, how old is it...all kinds of questions. If it is the pump, west marine will have a replacement that is exact fit right to the holds in the bulkhead and they are not to expensive, already been through that one!