Options

speedomter tubing

rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hey, sitting here with out much else to do.....I mentioned on my bellows post that it appeared that my speedo tube connection on the back side of the transom appeared to be broken off. I looked in the manual which is pretty vague about it, but it seems to say that the tube is pushed through the transom and is all one piece to the speedometer itself? It looks like from what I'm seeing, and perhaps it is for something else entirely, like a tubing that looks like it and it connected to a part that looks like a nylon piece...it is broken off and a barb is inside the tubing....what's the deal on this? Could this be where my leak was coming through? 270 with the bravo III. Not having pulled a motor myself (yet) and looking back there, it's hard to tell. I'm sure the manual is clear as day for someone that has pulled the motor out before...

Best Answers

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Well I could see something there....and it's broke off in the tube. I'm not sure if it stopped working when they pulled the motor or if before at some point....I need to get it in the water and better identify it...thanks,

Answers