Options

Portlight Knob

WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
Was a bad boy and left my head portlight unlatched while under way and the middle tigjtening knob vibrated loose and fell between the trim and the hull somewhere.  Any ideas on where to find a couple?The one at bottom in the pic is now gone.
"Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)

Comments

• Options
    kordokordo Member Posts: 229 ✭✭
    I have a different style of portlight, made by beckson.  Went to their website and found a replacement.  Try beckson, bomar and lewmar to find a match.  There should be something on the portlight telling you the mfg.  Good luck. 
  • Options
    They're Bomar 's. Found these.  https://www.westmarine.com/buy/bomar--toggle-screw-port-molded-style--227004?recordNum=6
    looks like it comes with the stud. I'll poke around in my mid bilge this weekend. Maybe I'll get lucky and it'll have migrated down there. Otherwise I'll just wait and pick one up in Florida this winter.
  • Options
    Heading to the Toronto Boat Show this weekend. Seem to recall a booth there last year that had all kinds of odd-ball fittings, hardware, screws etc. Hoping he might have one of the knobs I'm looking for.
    Boat is wrapped up for the year, does anybody know what the thread size on these are? Looks like 1/4-20?