Options

Dash Accessory Switches Rinker 360

kordokordo Member Posts: 229 ✭✭
Can anyone tell me what the 3 accessory switches on the lower right of the dash control?  Pics attached.  The previous owner made lots of changes and as far as I can tell these 3 switches don't control anything on my boat.  I have radar, a MFD and a fishfinder/sonar but they are controlled by the electronics switch.  Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    If it's like the 342, they are provided for future expansion.  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    270 has one extra, those probably are extras. Mt had one thought he might speak up. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    ......@randy56, was trying to remember. My options were all wired-in at the factory, but you're right - I should have remembered - isn't that sad, it's just been gone two years and I am forgetting the helm layout! Geez!
  • Options
    Yes, looks like they are wired-in, which makes me think that the factory or PO had set them up for something, which no longer exists.  I'll have to trace the wires, ugh.  Thanks gentlemen.
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The blue wire and the black wire are for the lights that turn on when you turn on your nav lights. The one on the right is blank. It has power in, nothing out. The middle one is more than likely prewired for a washdown pump. If you don't have one, it terminates in the engine room. The one on the left is probably for a swim light. If you don't have one, it will also terminate in the engine room.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Cableguy Greg . Resident wiring genius...... :)
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He is good A , even has the schematics to prove it. 
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    Cableguy, I am seeing quite a few blue and black wires.  Could you describe the wires going from left to right on the 4 boxes.  Thanks very much.  It doesn't seem like there is a way to get behind the dash to trace wires, unless there is a panel in the aft cabin that I can remove and get in from underneath.  Fun and games. :)