Options

Happy last day of summer

J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
As of 402pm summer 2017 has come to an end. It was a blast fellas, cheers! 

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will think of you the whole winter while on my boat  :)
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was my line handy!
  • Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Had a great summer here on the east coast this year. It doesn't really get going until July and you feel Fall coming by the first of September. Lots of clear skies this year and less"strong wind warnings" by Environment Canada.  Only a few weekends left before storage. Didn't get out as much this year but enjoyed every moment out there. 
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's supposed to hit 90 this weekend in Pittsburgh. Heading to the boat for the weekend in a few hours. Boat won't be pulled until the third week in October. Got to go to 3 Steeler home games on her. The first one was last weekend. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not many football stadiums on the water, do you call it boat gate?
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    Heinz Field is a couple hundred feet from the 'wall' on the north shore. With all the tailgating and 'hanging out' the festivities extend to the edge of the river. Even for Pirate games. Last year a home run ball landed in a boat that was tied to the wall. A passer-by jumped in the boat to get it and it was all on camera and was played on the local news.

http://www.wtae.com/article/pirates-home-run-lands-in-boat-passerby-grabs-ball-boat-owner-wants-ball-back/7471717

• Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    So after an unusual for end September (and record breaking) 90 degree day with a couple more to come, here's a shot as we returned to the boat club after an afternoon floating around lapping up what will soon come to an end.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    Sure was an amazing weekend!  We anchored with one other boat both nights.  Just sat, chilled, ate, enjoyed floating in the water and even enjoyed a little college football!  Weather was perfect!  I love boating this time of year!!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    luvinlifeluvinlife Member Posts: 501 ✭✭✭
    Probably our last overnight of the season. But what a great night! 
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dog days of summer is over pull boat next week
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Man did I mess up this past Sunday. It was a beautiful day (low 80's) and the water was a little rough but very doable. I stayed at the Yacht Club and watched the Pat's game instead of going for most likely the last ride of the year........... My bad
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This summer has been the most boating I've ever done, felt like 3 or 4 days each week!  Spent the entire weekend out on the islands with random friends, perfect way to end the season!! Looks like the colder air comes in next weekend.. I'm actually ready for it. Will not be happy in Feb.
  • Options
    raybo3 said:
    Man did I mess up this past Sunday. It was a beautiful day (low 80's) and the water was a little rough but very doable. I stayed at the Yacht Club and watched the Pat's game instead of going for most likely the last ride of the year........... My bad

I kind of had the best of both worlds.  I anchored out with another Rinker friend from Fri-Sun.  Brought a TV out to put in the cockpit.  Sat out on a raft behind the boat, had college football on in the background.  That and a Mai Tai made it perfect!  It'll probably be the last swimming until next year.

• Options
    That's one thing in realm jealous of- hanging out in the water...
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    To many gators where I boat-
  • Options
    rasbury said:
    To many gators where I boat-

I just could not imagine not being able to hang out in the water.  That is really one of the things I enjoy most.  Especially in a nice sandy bottom and tie up close enough to stand behind boat.  We do get jellyfish for about a month in late July.  But, we can either just go to the top of our river or go about an hour north and then it's fresh water.  Even with the jellies you can still sit on a raft.

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    We spent Sunday in the water of LSC.  The water was about 70, and the outside temp was around 90.  Sadly it was one of the best days we've had all season.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    bella-vitabella-vita Member Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
    Awesome weekend anchored of sunset bay beach with 8 other boats water was 70 stayed out on the hook ,the lake was calm all week. Still have a month of boating left ,time to take a ride up the Erie Canal when the leaves r changing.
    2002 Rinker FV 342
  • Options
    There are places- one nice spring you can go up in bit its a ways...you just have to stay where boats congregate. I always tell my kids I don't have to out swim the gator, just out swim them!
  • Options
    BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
    Spent all day sunday out, water was 75 deg, warmest all summer! Step son is autistic and thankfully loves it. Dropped anchor for a few hrs, swam, BBQd, it was great, to bad wasn't like this all summer.Only mistake was not bringing a cigar
    2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi