Options

Sony head unit

Hi Guys,

The Sony stereo head unit (Sony X-Plod model# CDXCA705M) on our 2004 270 FV went bad after a rough trip and will not produce any sound. Static could be heard when turning the volume up and down however no music. Tested the amp and it's fine so it's definitely the head unit. Because the vintage of this unit, it's not easily replaced with the exact model which is what I want. Therefore, does anyone know a plug and play model that will just slide in existing slot, and also is compatible with the wired controls on the helm and transom? Obviously I'm looking for something that is still available on the market.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Comments

• Options
    dropoutdropout Member Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    I still might have mine it's the same model, i will check this weekend, you can have it, just pay shipping. But you're better off buying an updated new head unit, cause your remotes are next to stop working and are pretty scarce to find.
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    The remotes are generally not a big deal as long as the new radio has a remote wire in the harness.  I replaced the head unit from my 2002 270 and literally just hooked up the existing remote wire to the remote wire coming off the new radio harness and it worked.  I wouldn't let it deter you from upgrading to a modern unit.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    Be careful assuming the newer radios have the same remote connection. I went to replace my CDX-M30 with an upgraded newer model and the Unilink connector changed at some point in the early 2010's and it wouldnt work with my remote displays.

I would recommend going to all new headunit and remotes that are current and better quality. I'm not impressed with the Sony headunits or speakers.
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First thing I did was dump the sony junk from the boat..  replaced radio/deck speakers/remotes.. 
  • Options
    love2cruiselove2cruise Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
    Sorry for the late reply guys. I don't mind the Sony system as I barely listen to music on the boat but it's nice to have when needed. That is why I don't really want to invest in any fancy system. 
    Dropout, 
    I really appreciate the offer. Please let me know if you can locate your old head unit this weekend. That would make my day as you are saving me tons of time. Once you let me know, I will PM you regarding shipping.
    Cheers guys!