Options

Seadek recommendation

NH232NH232 Member Posts: 4
Hi, I am considering putting the "faux-teak" from Seadek on my extended swim platform (2005 232) and was wondering if anyone had a good referral on it? Also, was lobbying options on if I should run the "faux-teak" planks port to starboard or bow to stern? Thanks for the feedback! Steve

Comments

• Options
    Nice and NaughtyNice and Naughty Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    Steve, we added seadek last year to our 282 Captiva and it was one of the smartest thing we did for our boat. The swim platform was always very slippery when the girls were spraying their suntan oil and we had a guest that slipped and took a fall while we were 60 miles from the nearest boat dock. Fortunately they weren't hurt badly, but I made the decision to make our boat a little safer and seadek had the best product that I could find on the market. It's not cheap but I highly recommend their product. Check and see if they have your patterns available or have them send you the Mylar sheeting to trace out the pattern for your boat. Everyone comments that they like the way it looks on our boat. We went bow to stern on the planks and it goes with the flow of the boat. I also installed it myself. Wasn't to hard to do but make sure you follow their directions and watch their vides on you tube. Good luck.
  • Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    There was a recent thread here that might have some other input too. Do a search in the archives. Seems like SeaDek was the stuff that got the best reviews. It'd look sharp on my 270 no doubt.

Mike
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    Found a picture of what our SeaDek looks like.
  • Options

Thanks for the feedback. "Nice and Naughty"- looks great! We too had a fall last year... Me! Anyway what color did you use?

Thanks!

• Options
    We went with the Faux Teak - Titanium. Looked the best with the new snap in carpet we put in this year. Check out the photos above. That's our boat.
  • Options
    Sorry, meant to add picture of carpet.
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    N&N, beautiful job and love the boat!  Very sharp!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    N&N Carpet looks great! Thanks!
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Looks awesome and nice and clean....

2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Thanks for the compliments guys. We really enjoy our boat and put a lot in to keeping her up. It's worth every penny in the long run to spend our time on the water!