Options

West marine ru-3

I have a 342 with the Weaver davit system installed on the swim platform. I bought a RU-3 8'6" dinghy and ordered the pads to hook it to the boat. The problem is that the mounts are 35" apart and there is no place to mount the pads without having to remove the west marine name plate. Has anyone solved this problem?

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to mount them closer to the 'rub rail' on it if it is anything like my factory set up.  One of the pads is actually cut out to fit around the mercury name plate.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Lifes GoodLifes Good Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    There is no problem.  I have the same set up.   Outline where the pad goes over the emblem. Be sure the pad is above the dinghy rub rail.  Touching is OK...  With the outline complete now tape around the outline with several layers of blue tape.  On the edge of the emblem use a belt sander to slowly gently grind the edge down and in about a 1/4 inch in from the edge.  When done the edge of the emblem should slope.  Careful not to grind through the emblem. You just need to create a slope.  Ruff up the emblem slightly only where the pad goes.  Clean as instructed and glue as instructed.  Once the pad is on press hard along the slope to close any gap.  I have a pic of what did.  Will post after this as its on my phone.
  • Options
    Lifes GoodLifes Good Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    PS note the stand offs and how they connect to the boat.  NO DRILLING!  I did put larger back plate washers inside the trunk however.