Options

Blower Motor and vent configuration

Hoping I don't get 52 different answers to this, but here goes.  We own a 2010 Captiva 246 BR.  The blower motor just gave out.  On the port side there are two vents with NO hoses.  On the starboard side there are two vents WITH two plastic hoses that run down below the engine.  BUT there is only one blower on one of the hoses.  It seems odd to me that there are four vents and only one fan.  Does this current configuration sound right?  Wondering if I need two blowers, one on each vent hose??  Thanks in advance!
Fin and Tonic (w/Lime)...

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it depends on the number of engines and the square footage of the engine room
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is perfectly normal. All 4 vent openings work together to vent the engine compartment. The blower draws air out from the bottom of the bilge because that is where the fuel vapors will lay. The hose that doesn't have a blower on it helps draw fresh air to the bottom of the bilge. The ones without the hoses draws air in the top to help circulate the air. If you are going to replace the blower, I suggest using the same Attwood turbo blower that came with the boat. It will make life easier because all of the holes will line up.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds right one pulls air out one let's fresh air in down low.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    congratulations, you use your blower like you are suppose to.  And x2 what cable said. 
    Boat Name :