Options

New Rinker Cruiser Owner

SpyderwebSpyderweb Member Posts: 879 ✭✭✭
Been a boater for 31 years. Owned 4 powerboats, our most recent being a 2007 Bayliner 285 bought new.  And it was mutually agreed, the 285 was to be our last boat. Until last weekend.

It actually started near the end of August where we had an enjoyable 3 day boating outing, involving the whole family, including 3 daughters, 3 sons-in-law, and 4 grandchildren. 1st 2 days included a pontoon boat for the overflow, but the last day was 6 of them plus the Admiral and me on the 285. And that's when she said it. Near the end of the day she blurted out, "We need a bigger boat".

Not that I took her seriously, but "just to play the game", that night after all had left, we checked out bigger boats on Boattrader. And that's how it started. 1st there was a 2000 32' Silverton sedan bridge a couple hours from home. We never went and looked at it, but we started thinking that style boat. After awhile, we decided it just didn't fit. And then, while looking through boats on Craigslist, mostly for my son-in-law who is hot to get back into boating, I run across this 2008 Rinker 330 EC. It had the open style aft, that we'd 1st seen on the Cruisers Yachts boats at a boat show 10 years ago, and always loved. And the Rinker was only 30 minutes from home. Can't do any harm just to look at it.  Well, it just snowballed from there. And we convinced ourselves a bigger boat would bring us more comfort in our senior years. So, this past weekend, we closed on the deal. 

Thanks to several members on this board that helped answer my questions about Rinker Cruisers, and performance to expect on a boat this size.  Your input (and a survey and sea trial) helped give us confidence that this is a good decision.

Boat is being winterized and shrink wrapped this week.  I'll definitely be dropping in on this forum to learn more and help me get though the extra long winter.

Paul

Comments