Options

Waxed, winterized and ready for shrink wrapping. It's going to be a long winter!

luvinlifeluvinlife Member Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks shiny. I will think of you durring the winter when I am out boating.  B)
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,560 mod
    Yep, I emptied the boat, fueled up, pumped out, waxed, winterized and covered all in one day yesterday. Long day, but went well.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Handy thanks for rubbing it in LOL.  
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dream_Inn said:
    Yep, I emptied the boat, fueled up, pumped out, waxed, winterized and covered all in one day yesterday. Long day, but went well.
    WHAT????? I boated till Dec 1 up there.
  • Options
    I agree I hauled her out too early. 
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    With all the days @Dream_Inn spent underway this year, he's probably too exhausted to do any more boating!
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes you are not in control when it comes to when she comes out. The early canal closure did it for s.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options

@LaRea - you are correct, I actually am a bit exhausted.  @handymans342 - I couldn't tell you how many days we've spent on the boat this year, but it has to be a record for us.  We had thoughts on keeping the boat out for the parade of lights in December, but I'm a bit OCD about waxing the boat before covering it all up.  I like her to be the cleanest as possible (all the way down to waxing the bilge) before putting her away.  It is hard to do that that much past early November because the marina will shut water off the first weekend in November (or at their discretion).

Sure was one productive weekend though!  Got the boat done on Friday, boat carpet and entire house pressure washed on Saturday before watching college football.  Sunday I got all 3 vehicles waxed and leaves in the lawn done!  Whew!  Definitely worn out!  Even moved a stack of wood up onto the patio for our soon first fire in the fireplace!  I enjoy the change of seasons and relaxing over the holidays!

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Wow you wax the bilge!  Might need to do that too. I cleaned mind with degreaser but it's still not that great. Clean for a bilge but nothing like the rest of my boat. 
  • Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭✭
    Was a beautiful day out yesterday @Dream_Inn.  We hung out near Turkey Point for a few hours.  Let me know if you start itching to go out again.  I am always looking for someone to go fishing with me.  I am not putting mine up till last week in Nov.  Lost two months this summer and not looking forward to being up on land.  Started to see boats shrink wrapped at the marina and it made it all very real.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    Was a beautiful day out yesterday @Dream_Inn.  We hung out near Turkey Point for a few hours.  Let me know if you start itching to go out again.  I am always looking for someone to go fishing with me.  I am not putting mine up till last week in Nov.  Lost two months this summer and not looking forward to being up on land.  Started to see boats shrink wrapped at the marina and it made it all very real.

I may take you up on that (especially if you don't mind my 14-yr old son who loves to fish going as well).  He caught a smaller Rock last Friday on a dock neighbors boat.