Options

Jabsco Spotlight Housing CRACKED!

WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
Yet another Jabsco spotlight thread...when wrapping my 2000 FV270 for the winter yesterday I noticed a sizeable crack running longitudinally right at the top of my chrome spotlight. In the main casing, from the bezel trim back almost to the back end of the light. I'm positive it wasn't there when I last polished the light about a month ago. Wish I had a pic, but didn't have my phone in my pocket while crawling around up on the boat. More than a hairline, but not so big that you'd see it from 6 feet away.
Unless something drastic happened when the marina pulled the boat, which I doubt because they use a hydraulic trailer, no crane involved, I'm not sure how it could have cracked.
Anybody else ever see this happen? Could a big enough wave do it? I did hit a nasty cross wake one of my last times out.
When I unwrap in the spring, I'm thinking just some clear sealer to keep the water out for now until I decide to order a new one.
"Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)

Comments

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    @Willhound I dunno Will, think it may be time for a new one.  I use times like that to justify purchases that I keep putting off.  Like the new chartplotter I got this season.  :)  

Wouldn't it be cool if they made a combination spotlight, FLIR night vision unit.  Then you could justify the $6k price tag with "need a new spotlight".  ;)

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Have sort of been considering one of those GO led spots a few the used. I was putting together a "wish list" in my head thus morning for next season. It is long.....and expensive....
    Still kinda mystified as to how it could have cracked like that though.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed on the crack.  That's very odd.  

I have a spreadsheet in google drive with my need/want list for the boat.  That way when something comes to mind I can jot it down.  Next year is the new dinghy/davit project.  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX