Stereo wiring diagrams

macdraymacdray Member Posts: 1
Just purchased a 1998 182 captiva. Previous owner tried replacing stereo but made a mess of the wiring. Does anyone have a wiring diagram or color chart? I can trace, but just want to make it simple. Thanks!

Comments

• BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    Good Luck

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • MXZ0588MXZ0588 Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    Anyone have this diagram? I am also trying to install an Alpine Deck. I need to know what the colors of the factory stereo harness are in order to splice into it. 
    2001 Fiesta Vee 242. 350 MPI. B3.
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These colors should be correct. Scroll down to the speaker color codes.
    http://boatwiringadvice.com/boat-wiring-colors/

2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
    Awesome. thanks Greg, great resource. I have split the harness with all of the correct speaker wires. Now my dilemma is what to connect the red (ignition), yellow (battery), orange (illumination), blue/white (remote turn on) from the Alpine harness to the Rinker harness. The wires I have to work with on the boats end are black (I am going to assume this is ground), Purple with a stripe, and a pink wire. Anyone know what should go to what? 

Thanks again.
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am still not sure what year boat you have, but on my 2008 the pink wire is the memory wire, which should be pink with a red tracer. Black is ground. My ignition wire to the radio is orange with a green tracer. What color tracer is on the purple?
    On your Alpine, the blue/white is the remote turn on for an external amp. The orange shouldn't need connected, unless you want it connected to the nav lights, or ignition. The yellow should go to the pink. You might need a volt meter to confirm that the purple turns on with the ignition.
    If you are looking for the wiring diagram, and if it isn't on here, email Cindy at Rinker. She should be able to provide it for you. Giver here the year and HIN of your boat. cscott@nauticglobalgroup.com
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
    I have a 2001 fiesta vee 242. I need to update my signature. I do have the same pink with a red tracer, I will check this morning what tracer is on the Purple wire. I do not have an orange one as described in your boat. I will use a test light on both to make sure they are activated with the ignition switch. Thank you again for the helpful info. Much appreciated.