Options

Amp Question

2»

Comments

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do like the size.  My issue right now is my current amp placement.  It sits on top of tv locker.  Its freaking impossible to go to.  Anyone else have theirs located there?  I hope to move it inside the cabinet.  
    I know that @tniggel's 270 has the amp in the same location. If there is an access panel in the back of the cabinet, you should have enough wire to relocate the amp to the inside of the cabinet. That is where the amp is located on my 280EC.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    From my old thread but that’s my pioneer setup
  • Options
    And I got two speakers by the couch in the cabin  driven by hd 
  • Options
    4-6.5 and 2-8 inch 
  • Options
    06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    that looks great @zaverin1.

There is no access panel in the cabinet but there is one in the head.  Might have to drill a few holes through the cabinet.  I might just leave the old amp up there as I have no idea how I am going to remove it as its secured down.  

One more question for you.  When using these LED speakers, are the LEDs powered through the existing wiring so when you fire up the system, they come on.  Or do does the LED need its own power.

Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    Own power supply running all deck
    speakers preferably with a on/off switch 
  • Options
    speaker wires carry frequency waves aka sound not power 
  • Options
    If you don’t want on off capability then you can hook it up
    to remote wire which powers up when head unit turns on. This wire is also used to wake up the amp.
    to save headache I would probably wire them to the oem deck lights and use same switch 
  • Options
    06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    @zaverin1 you got some good answers my brother thank you.  I dont want the LEDs on all the time, for example during the day.  I would like them to be on a switch and even possibly on the same toggle as my deck lights.  Thank you!
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270