Options

2008 Rinker 400 express for sale, first floated 2010, 600 hours, Autopilot, many extras

Comments

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,560 mod
    I know the boat and rafted up many times with at Rinkervous (actually shared the expense of two winter covers - my cover is identical, made by same place).  Definitely has all the goodies and many extras!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice boat. But when I clicked the BoatTrader link it took me to a phishing site and tried to get me to click a wonky link. Never had that happen on BoatTrader before.....
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    MissKrissMissKriss Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    Nothing right now. Bought a new house on the water and needs lots of work right now. Kids sports have consumed all the extra time. Gonna take a break from cruising for a bit will make a comeback soon!
  • Options
    If you don't sell it, you may just have to bring it back down to Rinkervous! :)

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow!!! That is a great price for her.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like a good live-a-board right? I need one in FL within the next 18 months! 
  • Options
    J3ff said:
    Seems like a good live-a-board right? I need one in FL within the next 18 months! 
    That would be the perfect size for a live aboard.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    bry1429bry1429 Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    If everything is good after a survey this boat is a steal! @J3ff- jump on it!  
    You won't find a 400EC 2008 model that didn't touch water til 2010 for $105,000. 
  • Options
    are the twin beds removable? I'd want to make that into a tv room with a couch or something.. is there a dishwasher on board? 
  • Options
    MissKrissMissKriss Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    Beds are removable. During trips I would plywood the center of the beds and 4 kids slept which was like a giant lounger. 
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beauftful boat.  Owners who have demonstrated, on this forum, that they understand the wisdom of looking after an expensive piece  machinery well! All the right options/choices. Fresh, clean and well-maintained. A buyer's dream. Right engines the non-catalytic 496s strong, reliable and none of the catalytic crap. Low engine hours. A H*LL of a lot of boat for that price. Shouldn't last 24 hours.
  • Options
    This boat is identical to mine, except a blue hull. She also has autopilot. Several members here have seen it over the years at the Rinkervous.  Someone will definitely be getting a nice boat!

• Options
    I wish I knew what my future was, right now it's just not the right time. Will know more in June.. what are the many extras? does it have a washer drier? 
  • Options
    No, the 400 doesn't have washer/dryer.

• Options
    @J3ff...you may be thinking of the Rinker 410s. Many of them had the washer/dryer combination and some had the 380 HP Cummins diesels option.
  • Options
    The 390s also had the diesel option (but no washer/dryer).  The 410/420s also had a full size fridge (which is good for liveaboard, not necessarily great for those that like being on the hook for long periods of time).

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
     wow, that is a very nice boat.......It only has the single head though right? There were two different pictures but did not have the same stuff on the shelf...a stand up shower would be awesome, not to mention the room....very nice and would appear to be a deal for sure.....good luck!
  • Options
    @shawnmjr.....a very insightful comment that many boaters do not grasp until it is too late. The costs, for me, escalated dramatically from a Rinker 226XL to Rinker EC 310 to, finally a Rinker EC 360. For example I only put 91 octane in the boats. For the EC 360 that cost at least $800.00 U.S. dollars per fill-up. At comfortable cruising speed those t-502s could burn 25 GPH. It was easy to burn $500.00 per day.....and that's before the increased insurance, maintenance, storage and dockage costs associated with bigger newer expensive models. With a lot of use I had no problem spending $35,000 + a year. As we have all said. You have to love it. That said, when I started cruising I was not prepared to see the number of boats that never left the dock.
  • Options
    gausagausa Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    @Dream_Inn where did you have your winter covers made ? i also have a 400 Rinker 
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    @coverguy sells them .

He certainly does not sell what I currently have.  Mine is custom made using stamoid light material by someone in NJ.  Unfortunately, they said they would not make any more because it was too large and too much of a hassle for them.

• Options
    coverguycoverguy Member Posts: 122 ✭✭
    I can come down and measure your boat for a cover. Rinker 400 Express is not to big for us.

Darren Fitzgerald
    darren@pmwinterboatcovers.com
    856-857-7475
    PM Winter Boat Covers
    www.pmwinterboatcovers.com
    OEM Rinker Canvas
  • Options
    might have a pattern already, I am checking.

Darren Fitzgerald
    856-857-7475
    PM Winter Boat Covers
    OEM Rinker Canvas
  • Options
    coverguy said:
    I can come down and measure your boat for a cover. Rinker 400 Express is not to big for us.

Do you have them made in different materials?  Like Stamoid light?  I'm just asking because I get many people that see my cover and want one made out of the same material.  I assume you are in NJ?  which isn't too far away.  I know both Fisher brothers will come in our area to do measurements, depending on which style cover you want.

• Options
    I sell the Fisher Canvas Products winter storage cover. That is Fred Fisher company. I do not deal with the brother, Harold. Fred makes a better cover and offers the cover in 2 different materials. The Sunforger which is a lighter material than he used to use, that old heavy grey cotton canvas. And also available in Weathermax, which is lighter and extremely waterproof. The cover would be 2 piece, so even easier to put on. I sell the Fisher with a discount. I have been his #1 dealer 4 years in a row. And yes, once the deposit is down Fred will come out and measure the boat for free. 
    Darren Fitzgerald
    856-857-7475
    PM Winter Boat Covers
    OEM Rinker Canvas
  • Options
    Dude_HimselfDude_Himself Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    I just received a hundred yards of a 5.5oz UV stable/blocking cloth to start my cover project. We're in SC, not normally snow here, just want to keep the sun off my gel coat.
  • Options
    When I replace my Fisher cover, I will go with the lighter material. A friend of mine in Baltimore got one from Fisher for a 34’ Cruisers and loves it. He saw my cover and wanted one after years of shrinking his boat. Now that he has it, he won’t go back. Some of his friends have purchased Fisher covers after seeing his. Great covers!! 
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    I can sell you a new lighter material Fisher with a discount, then if the old cover is in decent shape sell that for you.
    Darren Fitzgerald
    856-857-7475
    PM Winter Boat Covers
    OEM Rinker Canvas
  • Options

@dude_himself - please post pictures as you go along.  I'm sure many others will be interested.

Thanks @coverguy for the additional information.  I used to own one of Fred's older heavier covers for my 310.  It sure was a great cover.  I didn't want to go with a 2 piece for my 400, so I had this one custom made.  Last year I finally talked 6 other boats on my dock to all buy a cover, all from Harold.  Yes, they aren't as good as Fred's, but they didn't want to spend the higher price.  I'm just happy to see them get something that is reusable, rather than the shrink wrap.  Thank you for helping others here continue buying covers! :)