Options

Newport, ri

kneedeepkneedeep Member Posts: 103 ✭✭✭
Nothing better than being on a mooring in newport

Comments

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Newport is awesome......
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

Pretty pictures.  Curious, what is the line that is clipped to your bow rail.

Tony

Salt Shaker 342

• Options
    BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod

Pretty pictures.  Curious, what is the line that is clipped to your bow rail.

Tony

Salt Shaker 342

Me to

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • Options
    OldDogNewTrixOldDogNewTrix Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    That bow looks awfully familiar. :)
    Wayne '09 340 EC
  • Options
    kneedeepkneedeep Member Posts: 103 ✭✭✭
    I was sick of washing the boat & coming down the next day to a mess. I have a nest of birds under my dock ramp & they love to sit on the rail & crap all over the bow. I bought some cheap plastic clamps at Home Depot, drilled a hole at the top of each handle & ran a piece of string through. The birds can't land on it. I take it off if I want the boat to look nice, but it stays fine under way in any conditions. Total cost about $10
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Great idea kneedeep..... 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

I should have recognized what it is.  I have a ham antenna that I put up on the boat that attracted an Osprey every night to perch on its upper element.  Same result.  I solved the problem with a small stick in the center of the mast with a string from the top of the stick to each end of the element.  Wala---no more Osprey.  I am often asked what the contraption on the front of the boat is---I usually start out with the remark "it is a cloths pole, bras on the top, panties on the bottom" before I tell what it really is.

Tony

• Options
    BoatAwayBoatAway Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭