Options

Suffering Withdrawl !

124»

Comments

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    randy56 said:
    looks like he not lost,he is in the keys.
    Lost in the Everglades today! 

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats a good way to spend a day
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @shawmmjr..... man, there are gators EVERYWHERE in Florida. A few years back a gator wandered onto the runway in Fort Lauderdale International. Everyone I know checks their pool before diving-in - everyone except Handyman, as the gators know he's too mean to mess with!
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    so we saw two of them... one huge and one small, but the small one was following one of the kayaks - the girls screamed and it went under water.. came back up and was pretty neat to see!! Have to fly home tomorrow back to the Artic known as New England.. will be back for 2 weeks in March.. can't wait! 

• Options
    this is prob the biggest one we saw.. 
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hay I like to kayak but not big gators. need a bigger boat.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are so cold they can't move
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are so cold they can't move
    I don't blame them.....
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    shawnmjr said:
    Yeah F that
    F that is right........... No F'n way
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My nephew was in Aussie land two years ago. They were fishing from a 24 footer and a croc tried to tip the boat. It wouldn't quit so the captain shot it. But - in a kayak......I call that dinner time in the swamp!
  • Options
    And back to the real world.... A picture from today in the mangroves.  Posting from somewhere East of North Carolina at 38026 feet up in the air. 
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Ended up getting an hour free :)
    Post edited by J3ff on
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a big gator.....Fl gators are not very aggressive compared to crocs I'm told...I came across one that big sunning, I was in a 19' bow rider and was uncomfortable. During the spring/mating season they tend to travel more and that's when you hear them in someone's pool or yard- I saw a news story where one was at someone's front door! Garages seem to be another favorite place...bears too. Cold weather definitely slows up there eating habits. There is a large lake near me that has one of the highest concentration of gators around. Two boater were lost at night, went overboard and were not found for several days but the gators never touched them. It was a super cold snap we had. I just don't get in the water like I used to but people ski all the time and you never really hear of an attack. Usually it is if your by a nest during nesting season they will be protective which we see as aggressive. They need to put a sock on the door or something so we see their nests.  Then you have the folks that will feed them, someone gets to close and they mistake an arm for that hot dog you've been throwing there way- there not very smart and a brain about the size of a peanut. Eat, Sleep, make more gators and repeat. They are getting pretty thick in these parts.
  • Options
    Well back home in the good old north... just scraped all the barnacles off the bottom of the boat.. nothing but lot lizards up here!! :)  only a few months till April 15! 
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭