Options

Shrink warp and mold

reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
Had the day of for the holiday so took a ride to the boat. Climbed in though the zipper door to find some mold right where windshield opens on the deck. Then found some black dots on the seats buy the cup holders. This is the 1st time I have had my boat warped, always used a trap in the back yard. I guess long as it's real cold should not get worse. Once it warms up 1st thing the warp is coming off. Happy New Year. 
2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct

Comments

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lady I know does boat and RV upholstery. She loves shrink wrap for boats. Keeps her in business. OK, fire away shrink wrap guys, the venting etc.....I just can't get my head around spending all those $$$ just to cut it off and throw it out in the spring. 
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like no vents or not enough vents in your wrap Chris, I would call whoever did it and see if they can add more vents 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 3 damp rids in my boat right now. I would get some for your cockpit area and make sure you have some vents cut in. If you need more, you can find them and the tape online.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Have 4 dam rid and 2 hanging ones in the cabin that looks good. Just up in the **** pit. Have 2 vents guess I'll add some more.
  • Options
    I'm sorry too, this will be last time. To cold to clean it up yesterday. I'll add a couple more vents and soon as it warms up a bit, I will do some cleaning.