Enclosure side panels made from canvas instead of plastic

LaReaLaRea Alexandria VirginiaPosts: 2,666Member ✭✭✭✭✭
On most Rinkers, the enclosure side panels are made from clear plastic all the way around.  On mine, the aft side panels are made from canvas.  Is that an option offered by Rinker?  If not, I guess it's custom work by the original owner.

I love the canvas panels.  In hot weather, it's super-easy to roll them up into a bundle that hangs from the hardtop.  The canvas also provides shade from the afternoon sun in our slip.  But I have never seen it on other Rinkers.  

Comments

• Handymans342Handymans342 Cape Coral, FLPosts: 6,540Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wished they made tinted panels
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 3,458Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is an option for an enclosed cockpit. The panels are more than likely made from the same pattern so they would zip together.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA
    Go Steelers!!!
  • jme097jme097 Algonac, MIPosts: 1,203Member ✭✭✭
    I would love canvas panels for my back. Speaking of which I need to replace mine lol
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • LaReaLaRea Alexandria VirginiaPosts: 2,666Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me too, which is why I'm asking.  I'll get a fresh set, and keep the old stuff for winter storage.
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Annapolis, MDPosts: 4,497Member, Moderator mod
    @LaRea , I've seen other 370s in my marina that have the same side canvas that you have.  It must've been something that came with that model boat.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• bry1429bry1429 Southern Lake Michigan Posts: 239Member ✭✭✭
    I purchased  the entire canvas enclosure from Ameritex. they have Most of the Rinker models measurements. 
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 3,458Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet @boattech01 could have Ameritex make them up for you.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA
    Go Steelers!!!
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Pawcatuck river CTPosts: 1,449Member ✭✭✭✭
    All my back canvas has privasey canvas that zips on the inside. 
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • LaReaLaRea Alexandria VirginiaPosts: 2,666Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    @reneechris14 - that sounds like what we need for the forward half.  Is it custom canvas? 
    edited January 7
    Came with the boat at the time though it was a stock item. But now have not seen it yet in other 342's
    Post edited by reneechris14 on
    Zips on inside, can't see why it could not be done on the front.
    The back is spilt in 2 pcs so I think it's after market 
  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Bay Village & Marblehead, OH.Posts: 1,758Member ✭✭✭✭
    Like your set up Chris, definitely after market. May have to add the inner curtains, right now we cover all of the vinyl seats along with the dash and fridge & ice maker with bed sheets to protect it all from the sun during the week 
    Wine-N-Down -- 2006 342 Express Cruiser

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Annapolis, MDPosts: 4,497Member, Moderator mod
    edited January 7

I have covers made out of a material that is like leather/vinyl and it zips to the hardtop and covers down over the windshield.  The back zips in to existing.  That and the shades that pull over the hardtop hatches, the boat is completely dark with no sun in.  I keep it on when away from boat during the summer, and sometimes mix and match during spring and fall.

Oh, and for those quick rain storms that come in the summer, we'll put it up real fast (much quicker than isinglass) and then able to unzip and put away even damp.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express