Options

Bilge electric floor lift

I've got an electric lift that brings the **** up and down to access the bilge. It operates fine, but makes an aweful crackling noise going up and down. Is this operated by a worm gear or something that can be lubricated? This is the only thing I can think of that would make such a noise. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These do have a grease fitting on most of these, but if you are getting noise like that it is time to replace, lubricating won't help now.  

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    browncbr1browncbr1 Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    Is this something available at west marine, or is it a special oem part from rinker? Anyone know?
  • Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine was shaking and growling terribly but pumping it full of grease eased its attitude considerably. It still has some personality but it works fine otherwise.

If you decide to just grease it and live with it a while you should probably pay attn to how youd pull the pin if it gave up in the down position.
    Mike
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Spray some lube on the hinges also. Makes a big difference....
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    browncbr1browncbr1 Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    Yea, I already made mental note about pulling the pin. I noticed I could pull the table mount off the floor and read in there with one arm.
    I'll try to find the grease fitting this weekend.
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    You should see if you can get the info off the actuator label:
    Load rating
    Stroke length or model number
    Thread pitch (inches/minute)
    Make sure it is marine rated too.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI