Options

RECORD COLD TONIGHT

2»

Comments

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Agreed. I was more just curious and wondering if it's also a regional thing based on typical weather. We know we're pretty much guaranteed to be well below freezing for weeks at a time. Service techs at our marina will not under any circumstances leave a system wet regardless of owner preference. Since they have to guarantee the job, everything is stored dry. And even the do it yourself guys, it would never occur to us to leave it wet. Some might, but I don't know of any.
    And with hot water and water tanks, we just drain them and leave them alone. No pink stuff in tanks. Any tiny little bit of water left won't hurt anything and you don't end up with "pink stink" in your water in the spring.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    jhofmannjhofmann Member Posts: 430 ✭✭✭
    No pink ice cubes!!
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know how you folks handle that sort of weather....glad you do, we are running out of room down here but geesh!
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    @rasbury I grew up down there in Lauderdale, but do just fine up here.  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    SeaHareSeaHare Member Posts: 189 ✭✭✭
    Im an "air dont freeze" guy. I drain everything very thoroughly and COMPLETELY. Leave blue plugs out over winter. Run pink through the water lines and genny, then let it all drain out again. We could go thru another ice age and nothing on my boat will freeze.
    01 FV 310, 5.7s carbed, B3s
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    I know water systems are left with it in as spring is a few hours of fill and flush throughout. I believe the experts that do mine leave the engines full also, no blue plugs are pulled.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    I drain my engines and flush with pink 
    water gets pressurized with pink to push water out and then I purge it till there is no pressure 
    some pink goes into the toilet and some into the holding tank 
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I leave it in both motor and lines, and yes I know it freezes. I'm a corrosion and lube guy just my preference. Was just playing to see if gets to a solid and at what temp. I did not drink the punk ice cube last year.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    I completely drain the engine then reinstall the plugs. The fresh water system gets pink ran though it. Porta potty gets removed and stored in the basement after a good scrubbing