Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Got out on the water today....

WillhoundWillhound Lake Simcoe, Ontario, CanadaPosts: 1,432Member ✭✭✭✭
......Of course, it was frozen. I was anchored in this very spot about 3 months ago.

Sorry, totally not Rinker related, other than we've been discussing weather lately. Was --16F with wind on the lake today. 

"Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270

Comments

• randy56randy56 Newburgh INPosts: 2,283Member ✭✭✭✭
    Your tougher than I.
    Boat Name : Knot My Prolem

2003 - 270
  • LaReaLaRea Alexandria VirginiaPosts: 2,922Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty cool.  How long did you stay out?
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Posts: 6,935Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is the walleye?
  • WillhoundWillhound Lake Simcoe, Ontario, CanadaPosts: 1,432Member ✭✭✭✭
    Out for 4 hours. Would have stayed longer but ran out of beer.  No Walleye on this side of yhe lake. Perch, Whitefish and on deeper water, Lake Trout. Just finished a great plate full of Perch Tacos. The pic is of the Admiral catching the first of the afternoon, but it went back, too small.  Caught 4 mire good sze keepers.
  • J3ffJ3ff Posts: 1,712Member ✭✭✭✭
    Was driving by a few lakes today and saw people out on them.. is it super easy to catch fish during the winter or something? Woke up to -8F and cant imagine being out on the ice today...yet they spent all day out there!
    Not super easy, but an easier technique. And you can roam around on the ice. On a nice day, take a portable BBQ.
  • aero3113aero3113 Long Island, NYPosts: 2,061Member ✭✭✭✭
    Do you have to move your “tent” around every couple of hours since you have a heater in it? Does it give off enough heat to water up the ice?
    LOL.  There's already almost a foot of ice. Soon they'll be driving vehicles on it. Heater just keeps it warm enough that my beer doesn't freeze. No need to move. 
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Annapolis, MDPosts: 4,739Member, Moderator mod
    Yeah, it's kind of strange when you think about taking a heater in a tent on the ice. :)  that is some diehard fishing!  I remember the days when I used to take a car out on the ice!  My friend had a little VW bug that we'd get to about 40 mph, cut the wheel and shut her off.  We'd spin for about 5 minutes!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• JoeStangJoeStang Metro DetroitPosts: 992Member ✭✭✭✭
    Same here this past weekend, got my lake time in finally lol

2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • rasburyrasbury Sanford, FLPosts: 4,418Member ✭✭✭✭
    Nice!